Thursday, February 19, 2015

Who wants more Vegetables????… ME ME ME ME

Veggies aren't usually my first pick but I'm learning to love and appreciate them. I haven't really ventured outside the box at Genghis but it's great to see all the choices they have. I've never been a fan of peppers but maybe I'll try it in my next bowl. So what vegetables to I prefer in my bowl and how do they benefit me???

1. Spinach:
-high in vitaminA which supports production of moisture
-high in fiber
-lowers blood pressure
-asthma prevention
-cancer prevention
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/270609.php

2. Broccoli:
-supports the bodies detoxification
-contains significant amounts of fiber to facilitate better digestion
-is rich in nutrients like potassium, calcium, protein and vitamin c
- may reduce blood sugar levels
-benefits your skin
-supports heart health
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/11/09/broccoli-benefits.aspx

3. Zucchini
-helps reduce bloodpressure
-good source of vitamin c
-if taken before pregnacy it can help prevent neural tube defects in the fetus


No comments:

Post a Comment