Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Long as a Giraffes neck

In a rush to leave work last Friday I left my computer at work… I haven't been able to blog since. Monday was a holiday and the school was closed for snow yesterday. I was itching to update my blog… so here it is! I might have said this in a past blog but I've tried living a healthy lifestyle multiple times in the past. I never make it past a week and last week reminded me why. The first week is always the hardest. I would love to say that I was Positive Polly but I wasn't. I was cranky, tired, and craving sweet, sugary, cheesy, and carb-y food. Although it was hard, I was able to stick with it.

On Valentines Day we were supposed to past a before picture and list three goals. I posted to Tumblr but also want to post here.
My three goals:
1. WIN- It seems weird to say but  I don't think I've ever tried this hard to be healthy in my life. I've don't everything I'm supposed to I've even cut out 99% of carbs. My husband and I are newlyweds and renting right now. I'd love to use the money as a down payment for a house
2. Continue the healthy lifestyle. I don't plan to just eat healthy for 60 days… this is a lifestyle change. I feel a lot better about myself and my eating habits and I understand that it's a lot better for my body.
3. I bought the bathing suit that I'm wearing in my before picture three years ago. I've never been comfortable enough to wear it out. At the end of this challenge I would to be able to confidently wear the bathing suit.

Before picture:


Although the point of this challenge is to loose weight I have not yet weighed myself. It usually takes my body about two weeks to start kicking in the weight loss. I'm afraid if I look at the scale and I haven't lost enough weight I might get discouraged. I will wait till the end of next week to weigh myself. Plus like I said weight loss is great but the most important part is living a healthy lifestyle.

This week one of my goals was to step up working out. That I have done. I've even tried YOGA. which I surprisingly love. It's only been a week but this is defintiely a journey that I'm enjoying. I'm so thankful for the opportunity that  #genghisgrillad has provided me.

CHEERS to the next 50 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment